Sunday 7 December 2014

Can't Stop Spacing Out

Why I love my friends:


  • They're so fun and funny.
  • They go well with new people.
  • Like legit, they are so good at not making new people feel awkward or out of the circle !!!
  • They're hip and cool.
  • We love the same things and we don't mind each other's music.
  • We're willing to do things, anything, as long as we do it together.
  • We support each other.
  • We accept how horrible we all are.
Haha, but we can be pretty nasty and we try to justify a lot of unjust actions and I feel as if we never address that as a group? Like, the people we wronged were pretty flawed and they just ended up being pieces to a different puzzle but did we handle these situations as well as we could have? Hm.

Anyways, I love that we can party together and then immerse ourselves in nature the next day. I like how fast we can run out of conversation because we already know about each other's lives but we can still converse anyways because there's so much more to tell so really, we don't already know everything about each other. Hm. I like how comfortable we are with each other. I like how we always gather at parties without realising. I know we're trying to fight it but I secretly love it. I like how we don't actually ever judge each other. Okay, sometimes we do. But never so that we end up distancing each other. Or do we? Man, I am so confused right now. 

Topic change.

I've been fantasizing about leaving Australia for something like the states to live on my own. It sounds a bit psycho, but I get a little bit of a kick when I imagine my own farewell parties. It's not even the heading for a brighter future part of the fantasy that I love, it's that I get to have a party all about me and in my dreams, people will miss me. It's incredibly self-centred. Man, my head is filling up with different topic ideas, I can barely finish one paragraph because I'll forget all the content I'm thinking of for the next thing, okay, lost it, gotta reread this paragraph to get back to it. 




Okay, anyways, so I was day-dreaming about how nice it would be to have people be emotional about my departure. It would be cool if I was the first person in the group to leave sydney lol, very unlikely but also, it would be an interesting surprise. Anyways, I was thinking I could meet someone at AFTRS who would go to America after she graduated and she'd be like, come with, we can live together and work together. And then we'd be business partners conquering the film world. BTW, it's a woman because I do not want to leave partially because of romantic reasons. Don't really want to be that guy. Anyways, so I'd have a big party for friends, no acquaintances tbh, just people I particularly like, we don't need to be close, I just have to admire the time we spend together enough. LOL IT'S A VERY EXCLUSIVE EVENT HAHAHA anyways, we'd drink up and just enjoooooooooy the night. I'd make a toast and kiss every single person goodbye (or just hug, whatever the mood comes up with) and people would be emotional but I'd one-up them by crying tears of both sadness and happiness together. They'd be both salty and sweet. Man, I'm getting sad.

Topic change.

Shit, I forgot it. I should've written it down. 

BRB>


Oh, right.

So I'm following this one girl on IG and I'm in another state of confusion lol because basically, she's the type to put herself in every single instagram photo on her page. Like, she cannot post about something without being in the frame. And I'm annoyed because it feels so excessive but at the same time, I realise that it's exactly what I do? So now I'm wondering, do other people get just as annoyed as me? Am I that guy? (why am I so obsessed about not being particular types of "guys"?) Like, I see my self-obsession as more of a self-confidence (I'm very sure I've blogged about this and that I'm repeating myself but oh well lol, this topic still intrigues me) And so rather than thinking that my love for myself is destructive or bad, I see it as a million times better than hating myself. I used to lack so much confidence. I hated my thighs and my gut. I bought shorts that were too big because I could pull them up to tie down my gut. They were very unflattering shorts but I did not realise. And in doing so, not only did I look really bad, I fed my insecurities? I am so much happier now being conceited and obnoxious because I was so upset with my body and image just a few years ago and it felt awful, it was so restrictive. I'm so much freer now.

I read this post on tumblr that said "I literally overcame self esteem issues by making ironically over-arrogant claims because even if you’re joking about something a lot you start to believe it and that can totally work in a good way if you let it". [source] And like, tru??? I pose confidently for photos and I'm just happier. This is such an important lesson to learn guys, soak it in, I have experience in this field. Ofc I have things I am very unhappy about like my acne and my arms, but in the moment, when I take pics or think about myself in general, I'm pretty chipper. And I can very easily say, it's so much better than how it used to be. So much. You can be happy too, if you are like I was. Soak it in. ANYWAYS, so I got to thinking and I was like, hey, maybe this IG girl is just like me. Maybe this is just who she became and was better off for it. Then again, I don't know her too well, maybe she thinks she's better than everybody else and she grew up feeding nothing but her ego, what a bitch lol

I'm listening to Spotify rn and this damn ad keeps coming up and it's like this annoying jingle that's trying so hard to appeal to the hetero male and it's so damn annoying. Hetero men are the worst. Fuck boys and then fuck boys, am I right, girls? I wish that was an original line.

Okay, I'm done. I hope this was exponentially better than my last three posts lol BYE, THANKS FOR READING, I LOVE Y'ALL, ALL Y'ALL (except da haters, go away, ew) Thanks tho, really (20,000+ views!! yay) 

Bonus celebration fact, the meaning behind the Blog title "Hiss & Preach":

It's a Sam Smith lyric from Naughty Boy's song, La La La, ft him. I liked the ring of it, so...

...

(bye  <3)

No comments:

Post a Comment