Tuesday 20 November 2012

Guise:

You know who's amazing? This woman right here. She so cool, she so fine, she florence welch, and she all mine. Thank you, I'm finding a publisher for that poem as we speak. Anywho, enjoy her new single and mv, LOVER TO LOVER:



Anywho, I was looking back at my old post and OH LORD, LOL redding my o's was so annoying! How could you guys read that, holy lord almighty jesus cake.  Anywho, I should post something creative here. I think I'll just post my stuff everywhere and let it just die in the internet but everywhere LOL Here, have a simple story. It's called 'Daylight':



I often wonder how beautiful daylight is. I’ve heard it’s embracing, but some say that it can be violent. All I know is that I want to see it for myself. But I live in the dusk. Daylight is only something I can dream about, and yet, when I do, I never know if what I see in my dreams even resembles reality at all. But in my mind, I don’t mind, because it’s wonderful in there. In my head, light comes in many bright colours, their hues warm the soul and excite the youngens. I wonder if the rain lights up in the dawn. I wonder if you can climb the light or ride it. The dawn is not too far away.

                In fact, it’s right beside me, veiled by a heavy curtain. I’ve often contemplated in the possibility of peeping through or even stepping into the other side. But I’m afraid. I’m afraid that daylight is dreary, or that I’ll burn in its glory. There’s security here. There’s not a lot of comfort, but I’ll survive in here. I’ve dreamt often, but that’s all I’ll ever do. I leaned against the curtain once. I put my ear along its softness and listened for any sense of safety, but through the thick polyester, no sounds came through. And yet, the quiet refrain of trembling piano notes softly invaded from behind. The incessant shadow of the dusk had echoed the playing of a frail girl – I could tell at the time. But the girl stayed hidden behind the cover of darkness and alone, I stayed.

                “I like the tunes,” I called out, turning towards the nothingness, yearning for a voice to call back. 

                But my call was only met with more fragile keys. I stepped forward. I needed to see her. Even if the lights were out, I needed to find her and… and to look at her. Who was she? Where was she? The songstress of the pitch black.

                “Stop.”

                She called back to me.

                “Please, I beg of you.”

                The voice was broken, shattered and alone. Like me.

                “Why can’t I see you?” I needed to know why.

                “Because once you do, you no longer will.”

                “You’ll be gone?”

                “I’ll be out of sight. Everything will.”

                “But I need to see you.”

                “Then you need to leave.”

                “Where will I go?”

                A line. A line of yellow had split the darkness and the line was warm. It dilated, and so strangely, through my burning eyes, I could see it. I could see my shadow, like a mirror. It waved as I did. In the realm of overwhelming shadows, I had seen my own.

                “Turn around.”

                I turned around, and thus there was the invasion of light. And thus, I was blinded. The dawn had flooded the dusk and in turn, the burst of light had torn through my irises. The pain was immense, and yet, short-lived.

                “Out of site, and yet, never out of mind.”

                “Who are you?”

                “I am pain. I am misery. I’m complete isolation. I am a figment of nightmares. I am lies, I am treachery. I am daylight, I am death. I am… I’m alone. I’ll always be alone, and so will you. So please, I beg of you. Find me. We can be alone together, just you and me. I can open your faltered eyes. You’ve lived your whole life in blackness, searching for my voice, a touch of daylight, and yet,

                Who are you?

                Are you in touch with all your darkest fantasies?

                I am.

                And I can set you free.”



LOL, yeah, it's supposed to be a lazy sorta story with like symbols and crap. ... LOL I wrote it for maria when I was crazy-bored studying for chem (hence my chemical failure) and I don't think she ever found it... So... Yeah, lol, it has a few cheesy lines that we've jokingly said to each other and there's a reference to Lana Del Rey's poem in her Ride MV. Yeah. LOL, anyways, that's it I guess.

OH, I had a job interview the other day and it was a wreck. Yuck, unhappiness and oh well. Okay. Bye now, guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment