Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Time in the Life of William Trab


Just click on the link, play the thang and read the bottom. By the by, these are real events that are told in a hopefully odd fashion. Hope you like it. And this happened on the 9th. I just never got around to posting it :\ Anywho, enjoy! This is part of series, by the way, and the series is called what the post is. And this is what I'm saying:

Time Number 1 – Burnt Toast

I had always had a liking to avocado, especially with large amounts of sugar sprinkled on top of the green flesh of the fruit.  And so it was on this day that I claimed that I did not want just normal avocado. I wanted a paste made out of it and spread upon a piece of toasted wholemeal bread. And so I blended and I toasted. But as luck would have it, my toaster had malfunctioned and I was left with a very black piece of bread stuck in my toaster – and surely, if I had even dared to taste the thing, it would’ve tasted just like cancer. But, I did not. And I had lived to see another day. I had lived to see the wonders that had come out of that same toaster, on this here same time. The sun was still up and still yellow and it shined brilliantly through my kitchen window. It was like seeing bits of dust moving slowly in the air, but so much better. The smoke had risen from the burnt toast, and it was idly floating with the sunlight making it so visible and so lovely. It was a beautiful sight to see. I pulled my hand through it as it wrapped itself around my tongue. It was a marvellous sight, but it was suffocating. So I had to open the doors and windows. Unfortunately, I was not in possession of a fan to blow it out quickly, so I had to wait. But I couldn’t bear the smoke, so I shut the blinds. Of course, that did not help, and I knew it would not from the start. But the absence of sun had taken away the image of effervescing asphyxiation, and I felt as though I could breathe a little easier. This was my afternoon, eating avocado paste on toast.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this quite tremendously, I'll have you know.

    ReplyDelete