Sunday 8 April 2012

Three Simple Poems ... -ish

1. Far-Away

I’ve got that wintry melancholy,
That autumn fall of daze,
And in this time, I’d like to thank,
The stress, the time, the craze.

For in these weeks of solitude,
I’ve had some time to think.
I’d like to run away now.
I’d like to run, to rise, to sink.

For things are only getting harder,
And this is just enough for me.
Life is just too hectic now,
So now it’s time to freely flee.

It’s the weakness in my veins,
The blue and purple in my lips,
To sacrifice my loneliness,
To sail these full-blown ships.

I’m a boy of the waves now.
Please take me far away.
For here is long from heaven now,
And ceased are better days.

2. Potholes

Sometimes I think the world has too many potholes.
If we could fill them, maybe we could get around better.
But sometimes it’s this getting around that’s the problem.
Because it stops being getting around, and becomes getting away.
Running away. And that is not good.
So maybe we should take some hammers, and make more holes.
That way, people will watch their step, or just stop and look around.
And for those who don’t listen. Well they just end up falling through.

3. Lust

The opal smoke that effervesces from your skin,
It lures me, plays with my mind, and sparks my sin.
The devils that lurk in my head, they call for you.
The demons that control my limbs, they reach for you.

Eyes ablaze, fingernails screeching,
The fire in my soul, a violent purple hue.
It’s those horns of anarchy, those lips of heresy,
That make me want to do what you make me do.

Let our bodies transfuse, let our tongues become wires,
That control our hands, our thoughts, our desires.
Let the room burn down, let us bathe in the fires,
For hell is of the essence, as our lust transpires.

Trace my skin with your hell-torn fingers,
I’ll brush your hair, frayed from ghosts half-lingered.
Let the shadows eat us alive,
Because even if we struggle, even if we try,
We will never, ever, survive.

Lean your head on me, my devil baby.
Brace your arms around me, my demon craving.

And there you have it. Three simple poems :) (-ish) LOL Just realised how much the first two poems contradict each other :L

No comments:

Post a Comment