Sunday 10 June 2012

This Is What Happens When I Don't Sleep.

To the lovely Lyanna Rocks:

Don't forget there's another side,
You don't have to keep running like there's nowhere to hide.
Hop right in, let's go for a ride,
Paintbrush smile, and bottle-cap eyes,

Rip the band-aid, take the first bite,
Fall into no slumber tonight,
There are better things for you to do,
Like fly space-crafts, break hearts, find who's who.
And things will brighten up once you find the switch.
It's not too late to dig yourself out of this cold, dog-gone ditch,
Now.  Take the jelly and soften the blow, 
Keep your eyes peeled for the bed-ridden glow.

Stitch the wound up, your blood's gone cold.
You are the cutest thing I ever did hold.
Time to watch your kind eyes fade away.
Who ever thought it would be today.

They said I could never put you back together again.
They told me those things could never be the same.
But here you are, Dorothy Gray,
Propped up by a rope, singing a ho and a hey.

My mind is a wonderfield, too strange,
For any kind of yield, to prosper in the plow.
My brain is strung together by make-believe, 
Dreams and far-off fantasies, 
That tell me of the times when we were together.
But you know what they say, it'll always be never.

I'm so alone on this side of the spectrum.
You seem to be doing fine.
I'm happy if you are, my love.
I'll pull through when push comes right to shove.

Time scatters to the emptiness of the edges of my soul,
They fill the aching, the gaping, silent holes,
You left in me. I keep dreaming of the days where we would be,
Standing-still, high-hill, big-man, far-off, time-bomb, sick-days, bad-hair, no-hope, star-gone, hold on to Whatever you have left.

And you came back for me.

I don't get it either.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you so much for dedicating this to me William :D Even if it isn't about me haha :L:L Yes, I read the clarification :)
    And honestly, I really do love the poetry you write :) So keep it up!! :D
    Thanks once again xD

    ReplyDelete