Saturday 9 June 2012

*Do Not Read If Lactose Intolerant*

So I just wrote the Venusian part of my script... And well, although it's not exactly complete, it is incredibly cheesy. I mean, oh my lord, I'm horrible. But oh well, let's get a message in there somewhere :L For the children, people. It's fo' the chillin'. By the by, there are aliens trapped in a bar on Jupiter and the following happens: [Also, excuse the cussin' (It's for an adult audience :L)]

Another crash is heard. The lights go out again but this time, only a spotlight flickers back up, and it shines on the Venusian. She is looking up at the ceiling, thinking. She then turns around and moves in a running-like fashion slowly across the stage while lights shine across it, going in the opposite direction of Venusian. The lights come one after another, faster than Venusian’s moving speed, top give the illusion that Venusian is the one picking up speed. Barman enters on stage left where he stops Venusian.
Barman: Where are you off to, V?
Venusian: I- I was just looking for the bathroom.
Barman: Oh please, Missy, I can see it in your eyes. You’re not running to something, you’re running away from it.
Venusian: The bathroom?
Barman: From what you fear.
Venusian: I fear nothing, sweet-cakes.
Barman: Oh, but you were scared of the great, big swirl in the sky not two minutes ago. It’s fear that I can see in your eyes, Venusian.
Venusian: And what exactly am I running from? The storm?
Barman: I don’t know. But I would like to. What was so scary about Venus?
Venusian: Hm. I guess I am running. But I’m not scared. I’m far from it. I did what I had to do. It was hard to breathe back there. It was too hard to do anything. You know that foreign story, about the duckling and the swans?
Barman: Yes, I do believe so. Don’t tell me you’re the “ugly duckling”. That is so cheesy.
Venusian: Well fuck you, I am.
Barman: Well, hey, look at the swan you are now.
Venusian: Please, Barman, do not patronise me. I am so far away from blossoming, from white feathers, that I might have to just dig a hole for myself. It’s better off for everyone.
Barman: Whoa, when did my bar get so glum? Venusian, I will tell you this once and once only. You will never call yourself ugly again, because if you’re ugly then what does that make me? BEYOND ugly. And I am a god. So chin up, little girl, and accept it. You can go further than the storms. You are a goddess, no question.
Venusian: Venus was a goddess. Back on Earth, all the roman humans worshipped her and her love and beauty and, of course, they never even had to see her. I am not a goddess, Barman, and I hate to break it to you, but you’re not a God. We’re not even close, Key Lime. Now my people - my parents, my school mates, every fucking person who lived on Venus - they were close. Flawless, infinite bitches, they were. You think the supermodels on Earth, or the princesses of Neptune are amazing? Times their beauty by a thousand, and you get an inkling of Venusian glory.
Barman looks down in sadness.
                Really?
Barman: Yes, really, V. That was very hurtful.
Venusian:  Aw, man. I’m so sorry, Barman. I’m just cranky. This place is so different, and the cushions are so rough and hard and- I’m sorry, again. This bar is wonderful. I’m just- I don’t know what I am. You know what, Barman? You’re still not a God.
Barman: This is really helping, V.
Venusian: You’re beyond that.
Barman: Hm. Which means, you are too.
They smile at each other.
                Wait, if the Venusians are so damn pretty, what are you so unhappy about?
Venusian: I just described them to you. They shine brighter than stars, and I don’t. I’m the little dust cloud who didn’t quite glow bright enough. I was supposed to become infinite, Mr B, but I’m just- I’m your average, everyday alien.
Barman: But you’re not. You ascend in beauty more than you think. Maybe not physically - although you could be a very successful model outside of Venus - but you do exceed the limit of true beauty. Besides, the stars that shine the brightest almost always fall the fastest.
Venusian: Really, Barman? Really?
Barman: Cheesy is not just your thing, V. 

I know, guys. I know.... 

Also, PLEASE COMMENT to give me feedback. It would be heaps helpful. After all, my ATAR does slightly depend on it :D I should get a c-box...

No comments:

Post a Comment