Wednesday 21 January 2015

So lonely trying to be yours.

I'm so excited for the things to come! I'm excited to start my classes. I'm excited to introduce myself over and over and meet new people. I hope I don't get too intimidated. I'm excited to read more books this year. I bought a Murakami today and I like it so far. I'm a very slow reader. I'm excited to finish classes and meet friends in the city. Chances are though that work will ruin that. Oh well. I'm excited to sit and to learn. I'm excited to see Jeff again. I'm excited for the boys at AFTRS. I'm excited to start anew.

Do you ever have those really good days. Those days where good things keep happening in succession?

My really good day was the 28th of November, 2014. It was the day before the Stereosonic '14 weekend and that too was a good two consecutive days to the really good day - but let's stick to just talking about the really good day. It started with the small road trip to the beach with Will, Bao and Nini. We just listened to music and went to the beach for VSA's Beach Volleyball event where we had fun and mucked around. Then, on the way home, as soon as I said goodbye to Nini and hopped onto the train, I got the email. The one with the offer to enrol into the AFTRS BA of Arts (Screen). I was so happy. I was ecstatic. I got home and went to work after that and it was nice and quiet. No stress to ruin my gleeful mood. And as soon as work finished, I replied to a message from Jeff and he proceeded to invite me over to his home where I had quite a pleasant time lol Good things just kept happening that day and in retrospect, it was a really, really good day. That is all.

Anyways, I recently watched My Neighbor Totoro, Blue Valentine and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Totoro was gorgeous. Ghibli rocked it and provided a beautifully whimsical and yet simple story. Not as magical as Spirited Away but still so gorgeous and classic. I enjoyed it. It was also very cute :3

Blue Valentine was okay LOL It was a bit boring to start and Ryan Gosling's character was pretty annoying. But the story eventually improved and the difference between the past and present was clear and effective, but the icing on the cake was the slight twist in the story that turned every aspect of the story around. Pretty moments here and there but rn, I'm thinking I could live without it. But I'm also thinking that my mind will change the more I think about the film. I guess I'll just leave this paragraph with 'It's definitely not a bad film.'

The Grand Budapest Hotel was great. Classic, bright and a work of art in its own Wes Anderson way. It was funny and the story was told well enough to keep me intrigued but also appreciative. I don't really know what that means but basically it's definitely worth the watch, a very well-written and well-directed film.

Okay, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment