Wednesday 13 August 2014

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

I shall release the rest of the phthisis story part by part. If you haven't read, click here. Enjoy:

 ===========

Part Six: I’ll Find You

                My mind was set like sediment. I was going to find him. I thought long and hard about how I was going to live my frail/fragile life and amongst all the slow-motion and the rays of daylight spread out and shining like lines on blueprint, I found that the sun was forgiving only when it did not show – in the depths of foliage, my mind and the ocean.

                I found myself floating in idle sheets, that night, completely and utterly awake under the flow of orange streetlights and the hush of stale nothingness in empty halls. I had never been so nervous about falling asleep before. Was I going to see him? Would he tell me where to find him? I shut my eyes and I shut out the whole world as well. I emptied my mind and let go of my body.

                It was sudden.

                I could open my eyes again but I was veiled by a light haze. I could move my eyes but the rest of my body was absolutely motionless. I was stuck still and my breath had become so incredibly heavy. I started to panic. This was so completely new to me and it felt so uncomfortable and I wanted to move but I couldn’t. I was helpless and I was alone and I was afraid.

                And yet again, it was so sudden.

                My heart slowed and I could… I could feel him. I began to relax. I felt this warmth right beside me.  I couldn’t turn my head to see, but I knew exactly who it was lying beside me. I was here again.

                He asked me how I was. I said I was lost initially but that I had felt better. I told him how unsure I was about my life and everything that had led up to this moment – the slow rise and the heavy fall. I told him that I needed to find him and stick to him like glue on home-made wings. He asked me if I was absolutely sure and I replied that I had never been so sure of anything in my life. What scared me the most was that that was so depressingly true. He said that I already knew exactly how to find him. He kissed me on the cheek, softly and lightly, and left.

                And one last time, it was sudden.

                I was released from whatever deep spell I was in. My muscles relaxed furthermore and I was washed anew with the knowledge of how to find the boy who held my hand in the depths. And in that heavenly moment, my life had purpose and intent and direction and it was real. I was going to find him.

 ===========

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment