Tuesday 26 August 2014

Good Life

Scenery does something to me. It makes me feel. Whenever I scroll through tumblr and I come across a beautiful picture of a beautiful place, it hits me. I feel this sudden thump in my mind and in my chest. My stomach tenses up for a second and I'm reminded of good life. I think it's because I associate a beautiful scene with perfection. I love travelling with Kik because we always come across such gorgeous places and these places can be so awe-inspiring. And it's always within these places, staring at stars, waves crashing against blue skies and clouds white as ever, that I feel as if I'm exactly where I need to be. Weights are lifted and I'm surrounded by pure happiness in the form of nature. I love this feeling because it's an inkling of what I feel when I see beauty. I hope I can achieve this feeling when I look at another human being, and I hope I feel like I do within nature when I'm with someone who loves me - stunned and in awe. I wonder how this became related to love, hey.

One of said tumblr pictures: "Waterscape" by mateuszpisarski


Bye.

----------------------------------------------------

In other news, my 1 second everyday video is up on youtube! I posted it on fb so you've prolly already seen it or come across it but if you missed it, here it is:


Au revoir.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey, more stuff to talk about:

You know what was great? My last Thursday and my last Friday.

Last Thursday, VSA USyd had $3 Thai Lunch [THREE DOLLARS!!!! FOR A WHOLE DISH BRO] so that was great. I was in charge of leading people from USyd to Thai La Ong at Newtown and only one guy showed up lol His name was Hoa Hua, he's a cool guy from Queensland. I also met up with Will Hong so that was nice. They got along. Then we met Bao along the way and had lunch, yum. And then I went back to USyd where Bao did his assignment and I did some work on me portfolio. Anyways, wrote barely anything and Bao left me all on my lonesome so he could work with his engo mates so I was like damn. So, I messaged Kik on Whatsapp to see if anybody wanted to hang and Maria and Jess responded and we met up at central, yay. I also bought a crappy but cute Daiso brolly and I went into a nice clothing store but everything was PRICEY. Anyways, we went to this bar/food place right next to central station called Brooklyn Social which was a hip place and essentially The Soda Factory but without the ice-cream floats. Food was okay but we bought too much. We smoked in the outside area and that was nice. There was a couch, the ceiling was covered in cool quotes and we left the ashtray on a stool next to our drinks, it was great, we talked. Then we went to Chinatown to get emperor puffs, a little tipsy (Jess was tipsiest). Oh, and on the way there, we went into a Thai grocery store, the one next to Capitol Theatre/the post office there, you may know it. Anyways. I love Asian snacks, so cheap and delish. The emperor puffs were delish and Maria got me this milk tea in a box and it was gooood and cheap! Then we stopped by Morning Glory and I love going into Morning Glory at Chinatown man. Like, I specifically like the Chinatown one because it's bigger and for some reason, the people working there seem a lot less bitchy LOL Maria sold one of her spare milk tea boxes to the Jap girl who worked there. She was adorable LOL Then we headed off home. I think I really enjoyed that night because I hadn't hung out with maria without andrew there in a while. Also, Jess was red great as always LOL So it was a nice trio.

Then there was FREITAG. In the morning, I Whatsapped Will Hong to ask if he wanted to come to the charity dinner that was on that night haha and he was hesitant but upon hearing that it was formal-wear and after making a deal with Bao and me to shout half of his ticket if he drove us, he agreed to come! I love that about Will, how WILLing he is to go out and have fun. Short story, a couple of days after first meeting Will at one of Vic's house parties, Bao and I were like, let's ask Will Hong to hang with us, he's a cool guy. Both agreeing that Will was cool, we proceeded to ask Vic for his number and so I texted him: "Hello William Hong, this is William Trab. I am calling to enquire [oops, meant to write inquire] as to where you are right now. Do you remember me and bao? Bao and I are alone and need a third party to relieve the tension between us. Would you like to join, William Hong? [...] Or messaging, rather" And lo and behold, he came all the way from Granville and we tried to get into The Soda Factory to eat but they wouldn't let us in because we had shorts and they were having an event. Anyways, we ended up going to a food court in Chinatown and then karaoke-ing. And since then, Will, Bao and I have been pretty close and we might be going to VN together. ANYWAYS, to the charity dinner, I decided to go with my white Topman dress shirt, my black Doctor Denim jeans, my brown Topman criss-cross belt, my teal (but navy in some lights) RDX blazer from my yr 12 formal and my white pockadots on black Dangerfield bow-tie from my yr 10 formal. At first, I wasn't very excited about my outfit because I didn't buy anything new, it was just something I threw together. In fact, I think I was unexcited because Nini wasn't coming and I had never gone without Nini before. Anyways, before I left for the thing, I noticed my jacket sleeves were too long and my shirt sleeves didn't poke out. And just like that, I had this genius idea where I pushed my jacket sleeves up to my elbow and then I rolled up my shirt sleeves and on the last roll, I rolled my shirt OVER my jacket sleeve to keep it in place since it was tight enough. I'm sure it's been done a quadrillion times before but that just MADE MY NIGHT, FOR REAL. I WAS SO HAPPY AND PROUD, BRAH. I looked good in semi-casual and Will said I looked a bit like James Dean and I was like, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Anyways, I think because of the increase of VSA youths in this dinner, I had a lot more fun. It was the most fun I had at these dinners actually and it ended up being a much better night than I thought it would be. I like smoking with Bao and Will, I feel cool [the exact reason I took up smoking after drinking. I know it sounds dumb but I like that that's my reason because it's 1, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 times better than the alternative reason which is pure, unadulterated sadness.] After the night was done, with Will, Bill Chen and Bao, I went to the Canley Bistro for a few more smokes and we finished the pack. That was disappointing until Jess, Collin and Hellen [who were also drinking that night, oh! I also drank that night because the dinner was BYO and people gave me drinks, yum.] were driven to the bistro and we were provided with more smokes, yay [WOW, DAMN, WHO WOULDA THUNK THAT I'D BE SO EXCITED BY FREAKIN' CIGARETTES] and I caught up with Hellbelle. That was great because I got to make fun of her and she said she missed me and that was a nice thing to hear. Also, just a shout out to Bill for laughing at all my jokes <3 Then Will and I had fun on Collin's phone talking to alright guys in the area on Grindr and swiping right on pretty girls on Tinder. Then SOMEBODY chundered and when were leaving, that SOMEONE pranced out of the bistro swinging around a plastic bag of his own vomit lol Then Will drove me home and I went to bed with a splitting headache + a belly full of potato chips and coconut water, YUMMMMMMMMM. 

I really enjoyed those nights. Those were fun nights. That's all, BYEEEEEEEEEE. U know what, while I'm at it, I'll recap today as well, hey hey.

Went to uni, arrived at 4:40. Chilled with Vic, Bao and Thomas Stewart. Left for the law library a bit before six to go to a meeting with other South East Asian societies. Fun-ish meeting, Thai and Filo representatives were cute. I was a bit :( because Nini wouldn't go eat with me but then she decided to because she was super hungry so we took a bus to Town Hall and tried to pull out money but she didn't have any because her money wasn't sent through lol and I was broke so we had a cheap loose change menu feast at Maccas. Then we went across the street to Starbucks AKA Nini's workplace. I checked my bank account to see if my money had come in because I was flaaaat broke and I thought it hadn't come in but it diddddd and I had money again! Ended up getting free coffee because Nini tho LOL I worked on my AFTRS portfolio and Nini did her readings, that was a nice moment. I rewrote my draft short story, it's an okay story. It's eh at most, I wonder if it'll change. I'll post it here once I'm confident enough :) Anyways, later on, Bao, Vic, Bill and their friend Brian Nguyen came into Starbucks, tipsy from Soju after Vanessa Lin's birthday dinner. They were fun to see haha. They spent the whole time watching Brian do calligraphy and scribbling on my Phthisis of the Apple sheets. Then the Bankstown line people left and Bao, Nini and I chilled some more at Starbucks. That was fun. Then Bao and I saw Nini off at her bus stop and we went back and he offered me a cigarette and I know, I wasn't drinking that night, but I like smoking with my boys, I do :/ And we talked and I said I was happy and he was happy for me and so I was happier. It was nice. We went home and here we are now. Alright, now this blog post is done. GOOD. BYE. Thanks for reading, guys, I appreciate it a lot This blog also makes me happy haha

No comments:

Post a Comment