Tuesday 27 August 2013

Dank Tunes


I once touched a tree with charred limbs.
The stump was still breathing,
But the tops were just ashy remains.
I wonder what it's like to come back from that,
Because sometimes I feel forest fires erupting from my wrists,
And the smoke signals sent out are some of the most beautiful things,
I've ever seen.



2. Love This - Cosmo Jarvis

I'm only human I watch stories on TV. 
They give me an ending when an ending's all I need. 

If I believe in heaven I deny myself a death. 
Dying keeps me conscious of the way I waste my breath. 


3. Electra Heart - Marina and the Diamonds

For forgiveness,
You could always pray.
That the sickness,
It could go away.

Lights, they blind me.

At the altar,
Would you pay the price?
Would you give your-
Would you give your life?

Lights, they blind me.

For forgiveness-



4. Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey (Ryan Hemsworth Remix)

Kiss me hard before you,
Summertime sadness.
I just wanted you to know,
That baby, you the best.

Oh my god,
I feel it in the air,
Telephone wires, above,
Are sizzling like a snare.
Honey, I'm on fire,
I feel it everywhere.
Nothing scares me anymore.



[TY to Trinh for showing me this.]

5. Million Dollar Bills - Lorde

We can leave the house, lead the party, let the people know.
Go drown the colours of our minds and watch the cars go.



Fun fact:

Apparently after Frank Ocean dropped out of Splendour, the people had to find someone new, so they called Lorde and asked if she could fill in. And after asking her dad, she got to perform in front of hundreds of people. And the crazy thing is that she's only performed a handful of times in Australia and they were in tiny clubs. Imagine that! Oh Lorde, you're really going places, holy cow. I think you can find her whole set on youtube but I don't think they have video. I think it's just audio, like from the splendour podcast or something?

And that is it from me. I hope you enjoy these dank tunes. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment