Sunday 8 June 2014

V

So I recently watched V for Vendetta and it was insane. It was absolutely cray cray and in the best way. My favest (yup, said favest, not even the least bit ashamed, no backspacing today) part of the film (spoilers) was when Natalie Portman came onto the roof after her imprisonment and was just unleashed, standing in the rain. And they'd cut in some shots of V back when he was in the lab and there was the whole juxtaposition between the rain and the fire. That was mad as, bro. I loved V's monologue at the beginning also, in the rape alley. I didn't care for Stephen Fry. I also loved so much the lesbian autobiography written on the toilet paper. I was so upset when we found out that V was the one who gave it to Portman and it was almost like he wrote it but he was like, it was passed on to me at one point - and I was like, phew, good, the lesbian existed.

I really enjoyed the film, it was superb. I remember watching it when I was younger, and I remember Natalie Portman's face but not like it was in the movie... I think when I heard Portman was the protagonist my mind morphed my childhood memories of the film and I saw Black Swan Natalie instead. I remembered seeing a lot of the winter and ships but in the actual film, no such thing. Just buildings and shit. Hm.

8.8/10, would slam like a door. 

LOL Could you tell this was a filler blog post? Bye, all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment