Sunday 14 June 2015

Regret

When I was in Vietnam, I spent the lunar new year with my family and it was nice. I hadn't seen them in a long time and I got taken to temples and I got to ride on the back of a motorbike like when I was a kid. I told them that I'd stay the night with my cousin and her daughters. But then, sitting in a room waiting for my parents to get back, I got anxious. I thought about how nini and bao and will were all gonna have fun and go to the park near our hotel to watch the fireworks and I got so worked up about it. So as soon as my parents got home, I told them I didn't want to stay and that I wanted to go to my friends and I took a taxi home. When I got back to the hotel I went to my room with Will and he was already ready for bed. Apparently he didn't care about fireworks. Bao was already asleep at the time also. So instead, I stayed in the room with Will watching fucking television and peering out the window to see some of fireworks in between the buildings. Will kept laughing about how easily he didn't care about frivolous things like fireworks and I got so annoyed at him but really I think I was just really upset with myself. I hadn't seen my family in years, not since 2009, and I left them without saying a word on the night. And I regret that so deeply.

I saw them the next morning though. It was nice to see them again. My nieces thought I looked like a Korean pop star lol. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Regretting so hard not ditching the hotel to see the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regretting so hard not ditching the hotel to see the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete