Sunday 17 February 2013

Just A Quick Story

Okay, so get this right: today, I went to Newtown to attend this 'Early Buddhism Course' my dad really wanted me to join. I had to wake up super-early and that sucked balls because I couldn't fall asleep until like 3. Anyways, the class wasn't exactly what I thought it was in the sense that it wasn't an intro to Buddhism, but a course about Buddhism back in the dayz. LOL Like origins, and how it spread into western areas and how certain places extinguished the teachings and whatnot - hence 'early'. Anyways, pretty interesting history lessons, but LOL After every 20 minutes, we'd have like a five-minute meditation break, and because I was expecting to learn how to meditate, still thinking it was an intro sorta thing, I had no idea what to do. All the white people around me just closed their eyes and were really silent - LIKE EVERYBODY - and I just sat there looking around, and lol, they keep them eyes shut. Anyways, I kept on trying to meditate and empty my mind and crap, and LOL IT WASN'T WORKING. I was just listening to my terrible breathing, and the echoes in my body and I had a slight headache and LOL I really suck at keeping concentrated and stuff. Oh, by the by, I was completely alone in that class :L During the break I just sat in my chair which was in the middle of the room, clutching onto my mug :L Anyways, okay, so, lol, here comes the freakin embarrassing-ass story. So around noon, we had this big meditation session, for 30 minutes, and LOL oh my goodness gracious, jesus christ, I WAS SO SLEEPY - having slept late and waking up early. And LOL I kept on nodding off here and there. You know how you're sitting upright and you can't stay awake, but you have to, so you end up falling asleep, having your head fall forward and waking up from the shock of your head falling? Okay, lol, badly explained, but it's like that thing in inception where they wake up from falling or whatever :L Anyways, that kept on happening, and I was just waiting for the meditation to end, because I knew there was gonna be an hour-long lunch break where we could leave to find cafes. But oh my god, at one point, I nodded off longer than the other times, which were usually like two second sleeps. And I woke up after the main monk man rung the bell softly, and people started talking amongst themselves. And LOL oh my god, I found myself just hanging my head, and ughhh, my nostrils were really cold and wet and I remembered I had a runny nose, and upon realising what was happening, I quickly wiped it up and pretended to just come out of a deep trance induced by passionate meditating. But oh my god, you could tell I was sleeping, and I found like a patch of snot from my leaking nose on my shirt, and I was so embarassed, I just ran out of there! :L And I may or may not have come back from my lunch................... But seriously, that was the worst course everrrr, I was so alone and it was so boring and I was so sleepy, and maybe I can fix up the sleeping thing next time but I can't go back, I CAN'TTTT :'( Okay, lol, that's it. Au revoir :)

No comments:

Post a Comment