Monday 28 January 2013

La Tango with Monsieur Django



So I watched Django Unchained yesterday, and that’s right – contrary to E’s condescending corrections – “the D is silent, hillbilly - *BOOM*”. I enjoyed it. I thought it was hilarious, deliciously bloody and entertaining enough. It’s kinda like Tarantino’s other movie, Inglorious Basterds except it’s set in America, it has Leonardo DeCaprio, it isn’t really in a warzone and really actually the only similarity is that it’s about the oppressed getting back at those who did them wrong. … Also there’s a heckload of blood, which I guess is Tarantino’s thing or something. LOL I remember when America showed the action scenes in Kill Bill in black and white because it was too bloody and the blood ended up looking like water. Aaaanyways, Django is about a german bounty hunter who frees a slave so the slave can help him identify his next targets. The story focuses around the former slave’s journey and how he realises the beauty in everything, the power of friendship, to cherish your loved ones and what a bitch blood is to get out of your clothes. It’s powerful stuff, guys. Anyways, the movie is actually pretty funny and the gore is so over-the-top that it’s just wonderful. I mean in some of the action scenes they make you laugh :L So yeah really I enjoyed the movie. I think I enjoyed it more than the others did or they were just sleepy after the movie. By the way, worst group. Well Maria was fine but ugh, drew was so annoying with his sarcastic clapping and freakin back pats and then he got pissy and he and eeh would exchange looks AND THAT IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING. But that’s it. Oh and there were these two sisters who I sat next to in the cinema and one was chewing gum and they DON’T WHISPER. WHY. THE MOVIE HAS STARTED LADIES, IF YOU’RE GONNA TALK, DO IT QUIETLY, UGH. Aaanyways, LOL Samuel L Jackson was in it and he played pretty much the same character he always does but old. Which isn’t a bad thing. LOL he was hilarious too. And really, I think my favourite character was the German bounty hunter. I mean, he is so lovable! Probably because he’s the least racist white guy in the movie but still. At first you think he’s weird personality is a bit much but like after a few minutes you learn to love him. Also he spoke German and German is aiight. He said auf heiberseisen like I did in the last post and apparently it translates to See You Soon, which is pretty neat. Also, he strokes his moustaches sometimes and it looks so cool to have one! Ah, it’s like a face broom. Sometimes moustached men pick up women or kiss them after saying let me wipe the crumbs off of your upperlip with my moustache (but you know, better :L). So yeah, gonna learn German {and maybe invest in a few fake moustaches [because I know I’ll never be able to grow my own (oh the disadvantages of the Asian gene)]} Ahhhh SO EXCITED FOR UNI.

So yeah, I enjoyed it. 8/10 brah. At least for me. And lol, maria predicted pretty accurately, the soundtrack is pretty awesome. It was pretty western-y but also rap-y and I liked it. Rap sounded really good with all the  gunshots. … Wait was that racist? You know what, who cares, if Leonardo DiCaprio can say the N word then I CAN SAY RAP MUSIC GOES WELL WITH SHOOTING. … LOL Okay, I joke, but those particular songs did. LOL All in all, good movie, good job and goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment