Wednesday 30 January 2013

A post about myself

Okie dokes. So because I've been doing pretty much nothing, let me tell you about myself.

Okay, so first off, let's talk about my plans. When I'm filthy rich, getting ready for the red carpets, I'll have you know, a lot of shiny things. Apparently taylor swift has a tree growing in her living room so I'll have like an orchid or something because they're pretty. Maria likes vines so maybe we can get a few going on around the couch. Oh, by the way, Maria will be famous and dirty rich too so we add up our fortunes and get twice the mansion that each of us can get on our own (if she doesn't move to london but in all honesty, I think she'll like an acting career more over there :\). Anyways, also, for like a week, I'll live in an adjacent jumping castle that I can buy and keep up because, you know, I'm filthy rich. Now now now, this isn't just any castle. This is the best castle in existence. It will sit right next to my usual house, my mansion, the meadows manor, and it will not only be adjacent to it but it will be the exact inflated, jumping-castle counterpart of it. I mean everything inside and out will be INFLATABLE and BOUNCY! The orchid, the giant bathtub and the inside pool - EVERYTHING WILL BE SOFT AND INFLATED AND AHH. It'll be so cool!But I'll need a really good interior designer. Hey, maybe alex will be famous in the architecture world and help out :O (for free). OH MY GOD, and stuff like vases and tiny sculptures, well, they'll also be inflated and attached to inflated podiums and whatnot, but instead, they'll be attached via VELCRO. So you can detach them anytime and throw them at people! IT'LL BE SO FUN, OH MY GOD. :O:O:O:O Guys remember in princess diaries when Anne Hathaway rode a stair case on a mattress. YOU CAN DO THE SAME IN THE JUMPING CASTLE WITHOUT THE RISK OF HAVING YOUR HEAD BROKEN OPEN. Oh my god, I can't wait until I'm rich. Oh lord, the fun, the possibilities, the Meadows Jumping Galore.

Okay, anyways, let's talk about my current life. ... Wow my life sucks, I don't even have a normal jumping castle, what is wrong with this economy? LOL I joke I joke. Anyways, hm. Okay, let's talk about my traits.

Well let's see:

  1. 99 percent of the things I do, I do to get attention. LOL like I'll choose the alternative with the most attention for me. It's terrible, but hey, on the plus side, I get attention :L
  2. This sucks, I wanna go back to my unrealistic future.
Okay, so I think I want an orphan bear. I mean, I don't want to make a bear an orphan, but if by chance a tiny cub appears on the doorstep of my giant house, then I'll take it, raise it, and it will be my loyal little bear. It'll grow into a giant, gentle grizzly which will love me as much as I love it. That way, I can cuddle it without it eating me or shredding me to bits.

And oh my god I just played snake with the buffering symbol on youtube. Okay, LOL, this is probably old news but if you click on the video or whatever and start pressing the arrow keys, the buffering symbol becomes a line of symbols. This is... this is blowing my mind. This is scaring me. I'm afraid. I'm very afraid. Like, the youutbe people weren't gonna tell us about it, they just shoved it in and surprised the world. Okay, lol, this is stupid, but like, I hate easter eggs. And I don't mean them chocolate little treats for April, I mean GAME EASTER EGGS. Or anything of the like. Those kind-of eggs are usually little things placed in games which don't exactly affect the gameplay or storyline, but they're specifically placed in the game to reference certain things or for comedy. For example, maybe there'll be like a guest list in a party in a game, and the names that appear on the list, you know for detail, will look like random names put there so the game is more realistic but they will in fact be the NAMES OF THE GAME DEVELOPERS. WHAAT. LOL Okay, and sometimes games will put like blueprints for a teleporter or beamer thing on a table to add miscellaneous objects to the game for detail, but at the same time be an ode to Star Trek, you know? And in the new hitman, if you, like, shoot these shell sculptures and look out into the ocean through a window, you can hear and see the lochness monster. Shooting those shells ain't important to the game mission and the lochness monster has nothing to do with the storyline, but it happens if you do, because the gamer developers chose to secretly include that. And that freaks me out. I mean, pixar loves doing it. They have their freakin' inside jokes laid out all over their films. IT SCARES ME LOL

[I might've talked about this exact scenario already in an old post but oh well, I'm still gonna talk about it :L]

Like this one time in an old hitman game, if you went into this house there was this hallway and each room was a crimescene. Now you didn't have to, but you could go into each room and somehow see the ghosts of the victims. Like in one room, you can see a guy's ghost walking around in the reflection made by his own pool of blood. Or in the bathroom, if you looked into the mirror and angled yourself in a way so that you could see the bathtub in the mirror's reflection, you could see a ghost just floating around above the bathtub. The ghosts freaked me out also, BUT IT WAS THE FACT THAT THE GAME PEOPLE PUT IT THERE THAT SCARED THE BEJEEBUS OUTTA ME. Okay, lol, anyways, moving on.

So if there's one thing I'm a sucker for, it's intelligent female characters. I mean they are bad-ASS! LOL like you know martha from doc who? Well even if she was kinda annoying with her love thang, she was pretty cool. Like how she could help with her medical skills and such. And that one time they went to 1913 and because martha was black, they couldn't believe she was anything more than a maid. And when she told the lady she was studying to become a doctor and the lady was all like, that's impossible, you're a woman firstly, and secondly one of that colour and she pulled out her hand and she started naming all the bones in the hand to prove how smart she was and yeah. That was cool. I also loved Kaylee from Firefly because she was so innocent and bright and sunshiny and she was also the best mechanic. She knew every part of the ship and she knew like no other how to take care of it. And then there's Joan Watson in Elementary. I love how it's lucy liu. I mean some people hate it because she's not a guy like in the books, or because she got old. Like ugh, she's so cool though. Okay, she's not THAT cool, but I like her. I like how she's a surgeon and she can help with anything medical and I love how she actually helps sherlock with the crimesolving. I mean, I know sherlock is supposed to be incredible and able to investigate without help in any circumstances, but I love that Joan steps in, and that sometimes sherlock asks for her help. I'm probably pretty wrong with my info because I'm comparing it with the BBC sherlock but LOL oh well. So, yeah, this topic shall lead on to the next:

DETECTIVE SHOWS. I LOVE 'EM. LOL I follow a lot of them and they all have one thing (well several things) in common. Those genius detectives who can solve any crime, they are never actually trained detectives hired by police departments but they're consultants. They follow the actual detectives around and prove to be crucial to solving cases so many times that the department actually never let them go. Also, another thing about them is that either the detective they work with, or their sidekicks (because loneliness will destroy them), have terrible pasts. They always have a tragic experience and it's what drives them. They're also really weird and quirky and they don't know how to act normally around other people, which is why their partner must be somewhat normal so they can explain to other people and account for actions. Examples, and a list of the shows I watch:

  • Monk, fantastic, but in retrospekt, pretty ridiculous. Like in one ep, this guy framed a dog by moulding lead teeth identical to the dog's own set and leaving the bite marks in the victim with the fake teeth. But I always loved it. I'm pretty sure it was inspired, like many detective stories, by the Sherlock series. It's similar in the sense that Monk was the best of the best. He was highly respected by this one chief of police and he was also lonely, and yet, he always had a companion to help him. Monk was sherlock, the chief was lestrade and Sharona/Natalie were Watson. And I think what I loved the most about the show was how Monk's wife's death drove him. It was because of his wife's murder that he realised how good he was, how special his abilities were, but as another result, he became a lot more obsessive and compulsive. Most of the episodes, like many shows, were just random episodes with different people and different stories, none having anything to do with Trudy, Monk's deceased wife. But every once in a while, they would bring it up. They'd bring up his school reunion (oh my god school reunions. All the shows have school reunions where they don't want to go but they do anyways and then someone dies there and they have to investigate) and he remembers trudy, how she was so beautiful and how she still loved him even though he wasn't the most normal guy. And there was the ep where he spent - oh, his wife died in her car in an inside carpark via car bomb - he spent a whole day staring at a wall because they were going to knock it down; the same wall in front of where his wife died - the last thing his wife saw. And you know, because of his OCD he couldn't keep away from it. It was sad :( But yeah, the show ended pretty stupidly. Probably because the show was going to be axed and they weren't fully prepared. SPOILER ALERT IF YOU CARE :L So like, we were introduced trudy's last xmas present. It was given to monk recently before the car bomb incident and Monk didn't open it. I think maybe because trudy told him not yet. But like, because of her death, monk could never come to opening it. He would always put it under the christmas tree but he would never ever open it. It's sad, yes, but so annoying. Because he was somehow convinced into opening it and there was trudy's mysterious present. It was a video that basically explained her death. Like oh. my. god. Also, another thing about these detective shows, these dark pasts are pretty much about someone murdering a loved one which causes the affected detectives to go on a life mission to track this or these bastards down - and when they do, they have to kill them themselves, no matter what the law or whoever says. So yeah, that ending was terrible but they were probably rushing it. And what annoys me more is that that present was never mentioned previously. It just popped up as an ending for the show. But yeah, can't completely blame them. Unless they had that prepared the whole time. If so, reaaalyyy? (Fun fact: Sharona's, Monk's first companion before natalie, actor's name is Bitty Schram. LOL Such a strange name. She also wore this giant pink fur coat which was actually kinda thicker than most fur coats but it stopped at her hips. Oh bitty and the early 2000's.)
  • Psych - A show about the child of a successful, but now retired, police detective. Growing up, he was taught how to observe everything by his father - deduce, if you will. And now he works for the police as a psychic consultant. He has the skills but pretends to be a psychic for I'm not sure why. I think because he's not trained and being a consultant, especially a psychic consultant, is the only way to intrigue people enough to hire him. Anyways, I don't think he has a dark past but he can be very serious and particularly clever when his loved ones are in danger-
OH ANOTHER THING I LOVE - AND I'M ALSO SLOWLY REALISING I MAY HAVE ALREADY BLOGGED ABOUT THIS - BUT I love quirky-ass characters who are superlovable but also able to be drop-dead serious when they need to be. Actually, I think that's what my dream man is like LOL Hilarious and really silly-cute but able to be serious when I need him to be LOL Oh my god.

Anyways,
  • I like psych. It's funny enough and he does this really cool thing where when he sees a clue or whatever, he squints his eyes and makes a weird face and then the camera zooms into a specific area and the clue lights up LOL And I love it when the other characters notice and mention how stupid he looks when he does it, something the audience never really realises. I like it when crime shows visually point out the clue for you, like how BBC's sherlock has text pop up out of things. But I also like it when scenes cut to certain objects or whatever and it looks like they're just adding little scenes to fill up spaces and time, to add detail to the bigger scene, but they're actually clues to the case. And the audience usually don't notice but if you're clever then you can see what's wrong with the picture. For example, in an episode of The Mentalist (which I'll talk to you about later) there's this guy who blew up his victims with explosives that any simple mind couldn't have made. And one of the people that they question is this guy with down syndrome. When they question him in his trailer, they do that small things scenes where they just show you certain things like the state of the trailer, how messy it is, or a dinosaur toy on top of a book. And they seem normal, but no. Later on, you find that the guy was in fact the killer. The police had deduced that it couldn't have been him, the explosives were just too advanced and complicated. But you find that the guy was in fact faking his illness to get sympathy and some sort of an alibi. And the mentalist, he reveals that he knew because he noticed some small things in his trailer which lead him to the truth. He noticed that that same dinosaur in that tiny little set of frames was sitting on top of Moby Dick, an advanced book for advanced readers, and the mentalist couldn't believe that he would read that, giving him a hunch which led him to finding evidence and proof. They showed us that scene and gave us a small chance to deduce it and I love that! LOL They did that in elementary too, showing a frame where a bag or rice for some reason was the dominant object and later on showing the guy's medical records, with allergies subtly being motioned at with 'rice' written in big letters. When the damning evidence was revealed, the question of "hey that guy was allergic and yet there was rice in his house" was raised and they showed the damning evidence. By the by, they deduced that the only reason why a guy allergic to rice would have a bag of it in his house was because he was using it to dry his phone after dropping it in water (because rice can temporarily revive phones dropped in water which is pretty cool) and the phone contained recordings which proved the suspected man guilty. Okay, lol, back to Psyche - good show, lovely characters and it has its moments.
  • Castle - aiight. It's about a writer named castle who is called in by the police because there's been a murderer imitating the crimes in his books. He helps out and actually proves to be pretty helpful in other cases. He is then recruited by the police so he can help them while he can do on-the-scene research for his new books. Anyways, I like the show. I think the only reason my brother wanted to watch it was because the main character is played by the same guy who played the main character in firefly. So anyways, the quirky one is the consultant/writer Richard Castle and the normal one who has to keep him under control is his detective partner, Kate Beckett. Beckett is the one with the dark past, where her mother was murdered whilst secretly looking into a mysterious case. Kate becomes a detective and although she doesn't show it, she strives to find out why her mother was killed and by who. I think though, unlike other characters in other shows, because she is an actual police woman of the law, she doesn't need to kill him. She just wants to bring him to justice for her mother's sake. Buut she's probably gonna meet him one day and question herself and actually want to kinda kill him. Anyways, the show tries to keep the audience hooked throughout the series by offering the chance of a romance between the two. They do have chemistry and SPOILER ALERT IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO WATCH THIS they do get together, after a very very long time. I mean the show drags it onnnn, what with the almost I love you's and the just-about-to-kiss-and-then-BAM-distraction's. But yeah, after they hooked up which was pretty recently, the show's kinda eh and I'm realising that compared to the other great detectives, Castle isn't all that. He pretty much only solves crimes because of his hunches and he only realises the keys to a case when he talks to his daughter and really, beckett by then has figured it out too a lot of the time. LOL like he just talks to his daughter about her life and she might mention her bf or something, saying stuff like "it's like he never realised what was missing" and then castle would have a lightbulb ding in his head - "MISSING?" *scene cuts to castle approaching beckett at police station* "Missing, beckett, we never looked at what wasn't there, let's look at the files again!" And then yeah, case cracked. LOL Okay, he's better than that and that was a horrible example, but yeah, Castle compared to others is pretty crappy :\ But the show is still alright, but suffice to say, one of the not-so-great-shows. But there is one thing I LOVE about the show. As I mentioned before, Castle's actor was actually the main guy in Firefly. Firefly was a show that aired on fox, but the order of episodes was off and so the general public were confused and uninterested and the show was axed right then and there. But a small percentage of the people wanted to see more and they watched the several eps that were unable to air and they fell in love. It slowly spread and it became a cult phenomenon. There were groups like the browncoats and save the firefly which collected money to reboot the show and whatnot and they now have a massive fan site. The show actually, after it was cut, was offered a movie and yeah, Joss Whedon (director writer of firefly and things like buffy and avengers) created the ending of the show - the movie which you may have seen years ago - Serenity. And lol, the movie was pretty heart-breaking because if you were an avid fan of the series, you could see all the potential and plot twists and everything Whedon had planned out wasted on a movie. He could've gone so far and the story would have been even more amazing then it already was if it hadn't been tragically axed. Aaanways, lol, I'm getting away from the point. In castle, they would often reference Firefly. In a halloween episode, Castle dressed up as a space cowboy, which was pretty much Captain Mal, the character he played in Firefly. And in a recent episode, the crew went to a scifi convention and the plot of the episode was that the victim was recently trying to revive a show that was axed. A show that had also built its own fanbase of watchers. A show that was a cult hit. And they never really actually mentioned Firefly at all but it was so obvious that they were referencing it, and it was glorious. Coolest episode ever, ah! So yeah, although castle isn't the best show, it's entertaining. It makes you laugh and you still do get that sense of ohhhhhh, cooooolll, so he/she was the killer!
  • The Mentalist - I think I love this one the most. Which is surprising because I never thought it would be. But yeah, its about a man who was a fake psychic also. Except this time he used it to trick people into giving him money. He was a show-psychic, one that would pretend to be psychic so he could fool the gullible into thinking he was the real thing. And it worked, until he commented in a news show about a ruthless killer by the name of Red John on national tv. Upon hearing so, Red John murdered his wife and daughter, leaving him a note to stop being so cocky and shameful. The Mentalist stopped, hit a low point in his life and ended up working for the California Bureau of Investigation. His purpose was to get more info on Red John and the police took him on because he was talented. I love him because he's so wonderful. He's very quirky and what's best about him is that a lot of his detective skills are based on the mind. He can detect lies via the eyes, hypnotise people, play with their minds, deceive suspects and in turn reveal them. The writers of the show always give him a new skill based on the mind throughout the show, like how he can remember a crapload of things because he depicts his memory bank as a town that he knows very well, one easy for him to navigate. And one of the things he always does is leave fake evidence behind. He leaves it in the flow of the investigation, where everybody can see it. And through that, he lets the suspects do their own thing and the killer accidentally reveals him or herself by checking out that new evidence for themselves. Okay, so like basically, he creates his own evidence like something that would allude to a secret fortune that the victim had, and he'll present it in such a way that all the suspects find out about it. He sets up a scenario and he uses the killer's greediness against them. Somehow, his fake clue leads the killer to go to wherever and it is here that the killer is revealed. So really the mentalist tricks the killer into revealing themselves, in a way, baiting them. But yeah, he does a lot of psychological stuff and I LOVE IT. LOL And again, you know with that quirky guy who can be serious when he needs to be - THE MENTALIST. And oh my god, in a recent ep, he hallucinated and saw his daughter at the age she was supposed to be if she had lived and they talked and it was so sad. And I also like lisbon, the detective partner, she's really cool. And I like how they don't hook up, but the show still kinda teases you by hinting to it, giving them a bit of chemistry in one or two eps. It's nice. So yeah, all in all, The Mentalist is the bomb diggity.
I love detective shows. I watch them with my brov and we are always predicting things, competing. Because when you watch these shows all the time you find that they kinda follow a certain pattern. And yeah, we kinda "lock in" a character and say that they're the killer, because they always question everybody and one of them is responsible. And yeah, when you lock in a person, it's kinda exciting because you're just waiting for the big reveal, and if you're guy comes up but too early then you're devestated because you know that it ain't him :L But yeah, this one time just last week, I was watching castle, and as they were questioning the first character and I predicted that it would be the second person to come up, for fun - just to test out my theory and the second person ended up being some blonde chick for like two seconds. And I was like damn but lo and behold, "waiitt, a second, doesn't she look familiar. Oh my god it's that chick except nowadays she be blonde." LOL I was so happy for some reason. Of course, I did the same thing with the second show, buuuttt, no.

Which I think is why I like Sherlock and Elementary so much too. Becuase it doesn't go with the norm. It's more than that. Like in an ep of elementary, the reveal ended up being that the killer was in fact the victim. The guy, after learning that he had a terminal illness, hired a hitman to kill him and before he died he left evidence behind that would in fact incriminate his wife and his boss. He was trying to frame them for his own murder! I found that really cool :L

And then there are shows like law & order which I would watch but they're not like my own because they're boring :L No but really I like a bit of comedy. Also, CSI looks stupid too. So yeah, this paragraph is to crap on other shows whoo! But CSI is so ughhh, like the main guy is so stupid looking. He irritates me! But this is probably because the show doesn't fit my criteria enough, but that's only because it sucks :L Okay, maybe I should give it a chance. Well I did once but the guy made me cringe so much I couldn't watch the rest of the ep soooo- Oh and NCIS is actually pretty good because the characters are fantastic and it's not boring :L But it's so naval. I mean it can be cool and all but really I don't give a damn about the navy, it just doesn't interest me. But I do go in and out of the show and in doing so, I do find it pretty entertaining. I don't think I'll ever watch it from start to end though.

Also, one more thing about myself: I wish I was allowed to have a bebo account when I was younger so I could look back on it today and laugh at how ridiculous I was and how embarrassing my life choices were. But lol, if I did I probably would've forgotten the password :L

Okay, so, I guess that's all for today. This was a post about myself brought to you by myself. Thanks for reading, and bye :L 

Okay, so I wrote this last night, and I was gonna publish it now, but just oneeee moreeee thinggggg.

Last night, I was listening to I Knew You Were Trouble before I slept and then I started thinking of it as a kill scene song, ya know? Like imagine the scream guy just chasing and grabbing onto some girl but it kinda fits. And it's not supposed to be so scary but kinda funny because of how ridiculous it is. LOL okay, well anyways, as the song was ending, I imagined the body dropping and right then and there, something, I think my glasses, fell off the table. It freaked the crazy outta me and then I thought about blogging about the incident and then I forgot about it and fell asleep :L The end, au revoir :)

No comments:

Post a Comment