Saturday 17 May 2014

Embarrassing Anecdote Thyme

So I'm at the canley heights bistro, right? And I'm sorta pretty tipsy, having fun. I realise I need to pee so I go to the bathroom. I know where it is, but I've never actually been to the bathroom. Anyways, as I'm turning in, I see the first door and it's the lady's room. I turn further in and realise it's a tiny hall and opposite the girl's room is the boy's bathroom. In fact, the tiny hallway has four doors, two doors on each wall facing each other. On one wall, two ladies' rooms and the other, two men's rooms so I'm like cool, two boy's rooms so less chance of the room being full! As I walk into the closest door to me, I notice another guy walking into the men's room next to mine. I go in, the stall is taken and there's some dude waiting outside the stall whilst standing right next to the urinals, so I'm like lol, awks, no (in that order). So I walk out, and the same guy who walked into the other room walks out of his room at the same moment as me! And now, we visit my train of thought in slow motion. I see him and he sees me. I realise he probably came out for the same reasons, at the same time. We both laugh. I notice he's actually pretty cute, but I get a straight vibe. And yet, he seems like a cool enough guy and I'm tipsy enough to have a sorta peaking confidence, so I actually go in for a handshake. We're both smiling - smiling at the situation and as I go for a handshake, so does he. I find it strange that he's putting out his left hand. Our hands are just about to touch and there it is. My hand hits glass as if there's this glass wall between us, designed to stop us from meeting. And it all hits me so quickly.

It was a mirror. It wasn't a tiny hallway, it was all just reflections. There were only two doors, one for boys and one for girls. There was only one boy's bathroom. And that guy who came out at the same time as me was my reflection. It was so heartbreaking. I died. I was so devastated when I realised it was a mirror. Like my mind literally thought for a split second that there was a glass wall keeping me from this guy. Anyways, I left embarrassed and laughing at myself (pretty much how I leave a lot of things) and now, I'm seeing just how in love with myself I am. I mean, I saw my reflection and thought "he's kinda cute", what is wrong with me LOL And even so, you can see my insecurities when you see that I didn't even think I was that cute, I was sorta surprised that a guy who looked like that could possibly be cute at all, oh my god.

Anyways, topic change. I've been listening to this guy from Belgium called Stromae and he sings things in French, so naturally, my inner-wannabe-cultured-cool-kid wants to listen. I liked this one music video of his for a sog called Tous Les Mêmes. Anyways, check this other song out which actually got a shitload more views then tous les memes. It's called Papaoutai. 



It's absolutely gorgeous and so very, very sad. I looked up an english translation of the song and the chorus/title of the song translates to "Where are you? Pa, where are you?" Like holy smokes, I love this song and music video so much right now. Anyways, that's it for tonight. Thanks for reading, my dears.

No comments:

Post a Comment